The Dodge Viper is out. After months of rumors, Fiat Chrysler has announced that 2017 will be the “final year of Viper.” Hidden in a contact for with the UAW in late 2015, the life of the Viper will come to an end, twenty-five years after its initial introduction in 1992.
To ease the pain, Fiat Chrysler has announced the release of multiple special editions that aim to honor the very essence of the American supercar. Featuring plaques, badges, and a host of other unique features. The five original offerings for the special edition included the Snakeskin Edition GTC, Viper 1:28 Edition ACR, Viper GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR, the Viper VoooDoo II Edition ACR, and the Dodge Dealer Edition.
Each edition represents a different part of the storied history of the brash vehicle.
- 1:28 Edition ACR (American Club Racer): commemorates the current Laguna Seca single-lap record of 1:28.65.
- GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR: celebrates one of the most iconic Viper designs of all-time.
- VoooDoo II Edition ACR: a rebirth of the iconic 2010 VoooDoo ACR
- Snakeskin Edition GTC: based on the 2010 Snakeskin car and features a snakeskin patterned SRT stripe.
- Dodge Dealer Edition ACR: Awarded to the top two Viper dealers in the nation, Tomball Dodge in Texas and Roanoke Dodge in Illinois.
Bucking the trend of declining sales, the original special editions sold out so quickly that Dodge has released one more car, the Snakeskin ACR edition. The final version of the Viper, Dodge has said it will build up to 31 vehicles and will start taking orders in late July.
While a limited number of these special edition Vipers will be available to consumers, those who want a Viper before it is gone can still order their own personalized snake with the “1 of 1” program for the time being.
Ancira Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram is proud to serve the San Antonio community including Boerne, Helotes, Spring Branch, Leon Valley, Alamo Heights, Windcrest and Balcones Heights.